One of the most interesting features of Dubai is its beautiful beaches. There are so many, each with a wide range of facilities that help visitors enjoy themselves, either picnicking, putting their kids in a play area, barbequing, enjoying local eateries, or swimming.
While public beaches are usually busy throughout the year, private beaches are secluded and offer opportunities for personalized enjoyment. On such beaches, you can enjoy various types of water sports opportunities and also sunbathing.
You can reach Dubai through Emirates Airways and enjoy a fabulous time exploring beautiful beaches and various natural spots that are breathtakingly beautiful. In Dubai, when sunbathing, some certain dos and don’ts need to be followed so that you get the most out of it. Here is a look at what they are:
- You must understand that the sun shines very strongly in this part of the world. So when sunbathing, always wear sunscreen; it is an absolute must, as otherwise, your skin will succumb to problems such as heat stroke and sunburn, and it can get even worse. There are hardly any clouds in the sky, and rainfall is just a few days a year. So you can imagine the amount of sunlight your skin will get exposed to when sunbathing. That’s why it’s important to have the best sunscreen with a high SPF. It becomes vital due to the intense UV that is experienced from the sun, and using sunscreen becomes all the more important when you want a tan.
- If you have a pet along during your vacation, it is best to leave it at the hotel and go to the beaches. You cannot sunbathe with your pet, as they are not allowed on the beaches of Dubai. There are beaches in Fujairah that allow dogs, but reaching the place takes quite a while, so it’s not really an option to bring the dogs along to the beach.
- Regarding clothing, you can change into your bathing suit at the beach only and then get into normal clothes before leaving. You also need to keep yourself cool by regularly drinking water, as it can get really hot when sunbathing. So bring the water bottles and open them to drink water every fifteen minutes, as this keeps our bodies in good condition. During the summer, the temperature is between 30 and 50 degrees Celsius, which can cause dehydration, so staying hydrated is very important.
- You must wear basic swimsuit clothing while sunbathing, as this type of minimal clothing is necessary in Dubai. It is important not to venture out of the beach in your men’s or women’s bathing suits or wear. Bring along a camera to take photos, as you can capture some beautiful moments when the sun is setting or the waves are lashing during the evening. While taking photos, do not take photos of others without their consent, especially the local women. This action is prohibited, and doing so results in having to pay a heavy fine and can land you in jail.
- In many countries, beaches are places where you can bring beer and enjoy it until it is very late at night. However, in Dubai, consuming alcohol on a public beach is punishable, and you can be deported for it. There are many beach clubs across the city that serve it, so you can go to such a location to enjoy beer after sunbathing.
- While in most countries you can get a tan only in the summer season at the beach, in Dubai, it is warm enough to get a tan even at this time of the year. It is possible to rent sunbeds so that you can soak up the sun and watch the crystal-clear waters of the blue sea.
- Since Dubai is really hot due to its desert climate, it is vital to know when to sunbathe, so better look into getting a tan after 3 p.m. in the evening. It is better to start at 5 p.m., as the sun might be shining but it sets down an hour later. You can enjoy tanning for an hour or so while being hydrated by drinking water. You can also do it in the morning between 8 am and 9 am Furthermore, you can sit in the shade and also get tanned here, which is quite amazing. However, this process is not so intense, and it will take longer to get the tan than under direct sunlight.
- Rather than getting a tan in the summer, it is best to come here during the winter between November and January, as the sun is tolerable and you don’t have to worry about any harsh effects on the skin with a good skin sunscreen on. Since the city lies near the equator, it is hot throughout the year. Wherever you go, you can find places with air conditioning, as it is the only way to manage the hot climate and work or study. It is best to use a skin moisturizer because only then will your skin be healthy and the moisture lost from exposure to the sun and sand will be replaced.
There are so many beaches that you can pick from for sunbathing, such as JBR, Mercato, Marina, Sunset, Kite, etc. I arrived in Dubai on Emirates Airways to enjoy a wonderful time sunbathing and relaxing at the beach, away from a hectic life. Though sunbathing will give a wonderful tan that can be shown off to people, it is still better to be wise about how to get it in a hot place like Dubai than succumb to sunburn. It is also best to wear a wide-brimmed hat and use sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or even more. The sunscreen should be applied for about half an hour before going outdoors for tanning, as only then does it give the skin a protective layer that makes it strong against harsh sunlight.